North Coast Sports Village
A project that will see the development of a modern multi-use sports and leisure complex which caters for all sports in the Coleraine area.
Coleraine Borough Council sought SIB project management assistance in September 2013 to support its aspirations for the North Coast Sports Village development. This project will see the development of a modern multi-use sports and leisure complex which caters for all sports in the Coleraine area including soccer, rugby, hockey and GAA games.
The new facilities will include a leisure centre with sport and leisure water and a community sports stadium, as well as a range of multi-use outdoor all weather pitches.
The facilities will help to address issues such as child poverty, social exclusion, health and well-being inequalities and neighbourhood renewal targets and ensure accessibility to the most deprived communities.
The development is also being configured to accommodate the needs of seasonal tourists in the greater North Coast area.
It is expected that these new facilities will be delivered in a manner that is financially sustainable.
- March 2015: The project is at the pre-procurement stage.
- The OBC completed by May 2014. In May 2014, the shadow council (Ballymoney, Coleraine, Limavady and Moyle) came into existence with similar aspirations for large sport and leisure developments in the other three council areas. SIB has worked with the four councils and Dept. for Communities (DfC) / Sport NI to develop a sophisticated supply-demand model for the new super council area to provide objective evidence of the magnitude of need for facilities. This has been seen as a path-finder project and is being replicated by Sport NI across the other ten new council areas.
SIB has supported this project with provision of Project Board level strategic advice and a full project management service including assistance with capital asset realisation and FTC issues.
- Project Management of construction of Ph1 assets (2 x 3G pitches c. £1.5m)
- Project Management of New CC&G Council Facilities Strategy and Capital Programme Management system.
- Project Management of Pre-procurement (including Main Funding package) up to OJEU, Procurement to Financial Close and (provisional) Project Management of Construction.