NI Public Sector Shared Data Centre
Delivering secure data centre facilities used to house computer systems owned by NICS Departments and other Public Sector organisations.
The project will deliver two secure data centre facilities that will be used to house the various computer systems owned by NICS Departments and other Public Sector organisations. This will replace multiple current facilities that are subscale, contractually time limited or not fit for operational purpose. The project will have at least 2 phases;
- Phase 1 Provision of services for BSO, IT Assist and Translink.
- Phase 2 Showing benefits to other public sector organisations, helping them to make use of the services
Further phases will look at use of the facility to help drive strategic use of common services as opposed to multiple self-provision.
- December 2015: The project is currently at the implementation stage
- Following an OJEU Notice in September 2014, a Competitive Dialogue Process concluded in September 2015
- BT Telecommunications PLC were awarded contract on 11th September 2015
- The Contract will be for a minimum term of 10 years. A minimum spend commitment will allow the Public Sector to both expand and contract data Centre needs based on Client requirements and Technology developments
- Project is now at detailed implementation stage with testing and handover scheduled for August 2016.
SIB is providing the Project Director and legal support for this project.