NI Public Sector Shared Data Centre
Delivering secure data centre facilities used to house computer systems owned by NICS Departments and other Public Sector organisations.
The project has delivered two secure data centre facilities that are used to house the various computer systems owned by NICS Departments and other Public Sector organisations. This has replaced multiple current facilities that are subscale, contractually time limited or not fit for operational purpose. The project will run over at least 2 phases;
- Phase 1 Provision of services for BSO, IT Assist and Translink.
- Phase 2 Showing benefits to other public sector organisations and helping them to make use of these services. NI Water, Education Authority, NI Ambulance Service and C2K (schools) have already made use of these services. Further phases will look at use of the facility to help drive strategic use of common services as opposed to multiple self-provision.
- BT Telecommunications PLC were awarded contract on 11th September 2015
- The Data Centres went live in Sept 2016 for Phase 1 clients
- The Contract will be for a minimum term of 10 years. A minimum spend commitment will allow the Public Sector to both expand and contract data Centre needs based on Client requirements and Technology developments
SIB provided the Project Director and legal support for this project during procurement and implementation. The SIB Project Director continues to lead Authority contract management to ensure that the contract continues to meet operational and financial objectives with BT.