Strule Shared Education Campus, Omagh.
A programme to replace facilities at Loreto GS, Omagh Academy GS, Sacred Heart, Omagh HS, Omagh CBS and Arvalee School and Resource Centre
The Programme will deliver a shared education campus for over 4,000 post primary pupils in the wider Omagh area.
It is a transformational programme converting a former military barracks into a facility which will deliver excellence in educational provision, achievements, experiences and outcomes for young people in and around Omagh. It will replace existing facilities at Loreto Grammar School, Omagh Academy Grammar School, Sacred Heart College, Omagh High School, Christian Brothers and Arvalee School and Resource Centre.
- To promote excellence in educational provision, achievements, experience and outcomes through the delivery of exemplar facilities;
- To provide for future delivery of the post primary estate on an Area Planning basis that ensures the delivery of 21st Century curriculum; and
- To stimulate further development and regeneration of Omagh Town & District through provision of facilities that is widely accessible to all members of the local community.
- March 2015: Construction of Arvalee School and Resource Centre has commenced with school opening scheduled for September 2016.
- A procurement process is underway to appoint a new Integrated Design Team to take the campus through to opening in September 2020.
SIB is providing the Programme Director and a Construction Manager for the programme. They work within a project management team in the Department of Education. The SIB communications team provides advice and support for the project.