Ebrington Construction Projects
A series of construction projects for commercial improvement and regeneration of Ebrington.
The former parade ground, now known as Ebrington Square, has been transformed into one of the largest public event spaces on the island of Ireland. The array of remaining buildings at Ebrington reflects the evolution of the site over 170 years and is of great importance to the historic and architectural fabric of the city.
Through the current construction projects, Ebrington will be positioned as a desirable destination for visitors to the city. The site will be regenerated to entice private sector development, fostering a thriving area for business and recreational use for people who cross the Peace Bridge.
The work will create and maintain medium-term construction jobs with the potential to sustain long term new jobs in a range of sectors including hotel, restaurants, retail, offices, museum, exhibition and creative industries.
- Construction enabling works have been completed on buildings 4, 10A, 10, 11, 30, 40, 45/46, 49, 57/59, 62, 70, 71, 80/81, 102, 104, 115 and 116.
- Works on buildings 63, 67/68/69, 79, 83, 85, 117 and 118 continue.
- Various Civil Engineering projects have been delivered these include the new access road from Limavady Road, new service road, car park, storm culvert, site wide lighting upgrade, remediation, Peace Tree public realm and services upgrade works.
- Phases 4, 5 and 6 of marketing the site have been completed with 11 private sector investors identified. Work is continuing on the completion of various Agreements for Lease in order to secure the private sector development in line with the Ebrington Development Framework.
- Grade A office (50,000sqft) currently under construction.
SIB’s role is as client side project sponsor on all projects reporting to The Executive Office (TEO). A capital works team of three from SIB was established in 2016 to focus on strategic business case preparation and delivery of all approved projects.